In this inaugural post to the blog, we wanted to do something important and applicable to people in this fall season. For this How-to, here are are some of the major points for you to consider as we transition into the fall season.
- First of all, if you haven’t already, hire professional assistance, especially if you’re looking at a large project for a commercial space. It might be tempting to find a do-it-yourself solution in these situations if you have enough general know-how, but skilled technicians will almost certainly save time and a big headache. One such New York HVAC company with technicians is called the BP Group, who will handle your commercial HVAC needs.
- Replace those air filters! They’re crucial in maintaining your system’s efficiency. Not only will your system have to work harder to produce the same results as a fully functional system, but it increases the risk of other malfunctions and health risks.
- Clean away any obstructions around your unit outside. As you might imagine, any obstructions of debris, like leaves, dirt, or twigs, is going to impair the performance of your unit.
- If there’s anything unusual about the way your system is running, perhaps in the noise it makes, contact a professional, just to be on the safe side.
- If all else fails and the HVAC system is malfunctioning, you might need to pay for repairs, or worse, a new unit. It might be frustrating, but it certainly beats not having a working HVAC system at all, especially during the winter.
If you’re not sure how to proceed, or simply if you haven’t done this before, don’t be afraid to ask for an outside opinion that’s professionally trained. Finally, I included a video at the bottom here that runs through the major things to look for during HVAC maintenance.